Saturday, May 19, 2007

Blanket


Why is it that I get inspired to crochet as the weather warms? Perhaps it's something about the rebirth of spring inspiring creativity. Whatever the case, the advent of warm weather has led me to start work on a very warm blanket. I was initially inspired by all the rippling happening on CrochetMe and other sites.


The intent of that whole endeavor was to clean out one's yarn stash. I bought a bunch of yarn. Oops. But I love it. It's Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Chunky (read "washable") and in all the colors I've been wanting to use for a blanket.

It's wider than I intended, as wide as a double bed (on which it is pictured, as have been many of my crochet projects). But that's OK... it will end up taking me 14 balls of yarn when I'm all done, and should be amazingly warm.. perfect for snuggling under once the weather turns cool again. For now, I'll enjoy the fact that it's just a little too warm on my lap as I work on it.