Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sometimes you can't make it on your own


I'm totally stealing the "song name as title" concept from Grey's Anatomy, but it happened to come on while I was writing this and it's just so darn appropriate.

I happened on the most blissful of yarn shopping experiences today. I wandered past Suss, a newish NYC branch of an LA store I hadn't yet checked out. I wandered past on SAMPLE SALE DAY. I've never been a rabid sample saler, but today was my day.


My spoils? Two stunning handknit shrugs for... get ready... $20 each. They're made of an alpaca/acrylic/nylon blend and are lovely. I could make them.. but the yarn alone would cost me more than $20, and let's face it—my time is at a premium these days.

And the mohair yarn? $3. Per. Skein. I'm planning on making the cover project from last year's Interweave Crochet.



As Bono would say, "It's a beautiful day."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those shrugs are so pretty, you definately made a good deal there. The colors are good too. I think D and I are going out to eat soon! love M